- Remember to not call them playdates
- Straighten up the house since they are now old enough to tell their parents how messy my house is
- Fix a healthy snack
- Stay close enough to hear the conversation, but not too close so I look like I'm listening
- Make mental notes of what they are talking about so I can google it later
- Remember to close the door when I go to the bathroom.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Things I do when my older kids have "playdates":
Friday, May 13, 2011
Six things that are hard to experience unless you are riding a bike:
- Feeling the temperature change from the heat of a plateau to the cool of a valley.
- The smell of sagebrush, fresh cut wheat, and cattle by-products.
- The time to just think...no phone, no conversation.
- And then the time to listen to God...no phone, no conversation.
- Being close to my husband (since I don't drive).
- The instant massage from the rumble of the big v-twin motor.