Saturday, April 28, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
These are the days that make me cry! Cry to God for wisdom. It amazes me still how much that matters!!! How instantaneously He answers!!!
I cried and Morgan took a three hour nap (sorry, Chris, but I couldn't tell you that earlier!). Jeffrey is now strapped into his booster seat with three dum-dums. He's happy, I'm happy. Meredith went to softball with Mike and will go to bed when she gets home. Jarrett did a great job on his homework with a great picture of a shark. I'm sure his teacher will be proud. And tomorrow I will go and chat with the Principal about Judson and Mikalah. Pray for wisdom and that God will guide my words. My mouth often gets me in trouble. I need to look into some alternatives and I need to make sure that Mikalah is not losing interest completely.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Uncle Tim and first time on a motorcycle. What every student getting his doctorate from Yale in Philosophy (huh?) should do on their Spring Break.
Meredith and her Aunt Nicole (because she doesn't want to share!)Mikalah, and yes, that is a motorcycle and yes, she did ride it. Things that make a mother proud!
This is Judson before. He does great driving the 4-wheeler and gives his siblings rides just beautifully. However, on their 5-mile ride, he dropped into a rut and flipped the 4-wheeler. Thankfully he is fine and Mommy was not there to witness the incident. He did "dent" a bone in his arm. That would be the technical, medical term. The doctor said it's kind-of like an aluminum can. It's dented, but it'll pop back in a few weeks. Until then, Judson is wearing a brace and not doing anything that hurts his arm - like washing dishes, making his bed, putting clothes away in his room...however, playing baseball apparently doesn't hurt! Life with a boy!
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Now for your viewing pleasure...our attempt to get a good family picture. I think the progression is hilarious. Judson just keeps getting farther and farther away, and Meredith starts her model posing. Jeffrey was really not interested in getting his picture taken and Morgan thought it was all fun!
Mommy says, "Noooooooooooooooooo!"
Switch little kids and Judson starts to sneak off.
Meredith says, "I'm trying to stand still and smile!"
Meredith: see my beautiful dress!
In reality, this was the first picture we took.
We probably should have stopped there!!!!
Thursday, April 5, 2007
- I was born in Paterson, NJ.
- To a teenage mom.
- Then adopted on July 1st - Gotcha Day!
- My parents thought Jennifer was an unusual name.
- I asked Jesus to live in my heart when I was four.
- Kneeling at the "throne" in the bathroom.
- I was an only child for 13 years.
- I prayed for a brother or a sister every night from the time I was four.
- My parents adopted 7 children in the next three years (from Korea & Costa Rica).
- I have lived in Virginia, Florida, Nebraska, Texas, Washington, Indiana, and now Montana.
- I said I'd never live in Montana.
- I went to a private Christian School for grade school.
- I skipped the third grade.
- I tried out for the cheerleading team in sixth grade.
- I didn't make it.
- I was home-schooled for junior high.
- I remember when the Space Shuttle blew up on lift off.
- I was watching Dallas instead of doing my school work.
- At junior high camp, the boy I liked said he'd pay me to eat a fly if he caught one.
- He caught one.
- I ate it.
- He never paid me $5.
- I ate another one the next week when someone didn't believe that I had the week before.
- I took two years to finish 9th grade, because my brother and sister spent a lot of time in the hospital.
- I went to public school for high school.
That was a lot easier than I thought - although I just pretty much started my life history, but oh well, it's good to get it down on "paper" at some time!!!
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
- Two weeks ago it was 75
- It is Spring
- I was wearing sandals
- My toes were pretty
- I switched Fall/Winter clothes for Spring/Summer clothes - for everyone!
- Then came the snow
- Friday night we got 11.5 inches
- Monday we got two more
- And tonight another inch
- I'm tired of bundling up my children and locating mittens and hats
- My daffodils and tulips I'm sure are smothered
- I'm tired of wet, smelly dog!
Okay, that was fun, I hope you enjoyed my short (and definitely not sweet) pity party. Now we must celebrate all of this yuck, I mean beauty.
- Montana is in desperate need of moisture.
- Thanks to the rain, the snow disappeared between each episode.
- The trees do look beautiful covered in the white stuff.
- I was able to buy a couple of sweaters on clearance (80%off!) and wear them immediately (gotta love instant gratification).
- Because I'm wearing pants, I don't really have to shave my legs every day.
- We've had yummy soup a couple of nights for dinner.
- I've gone to Starbucks - to warm up!
- There's no reason to pay for a car wash.
- I've saved on gas because I don't want to go anywhere.
- I'm baking cookies to make the house warmer. (Okay so that's a really bad excuse!)
- I don't have to get out and do yard work quite yet.
- it will come to an end - Sunday is going to be sunny and 60!
Note: My husband usually tells me, "Pity threw a party and nobody came!"