Monday, July 30, 2007
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Yes, we have braces!!! Mikky is beginning to adjust to them, although brushing her teeth at night has become a five minute process!! She wanted to have her sissy in the picture with her. They both are getting too big, too fast!!!!
Morgan has adopted the "Thomson scream" (ear piercing for those of you not familiar with the Thomson children that are so cute you overlook the high pitch scream!!! :) ) to let you know that she is there. At least in this picture she looks sweet and innocent. As I am typing both she and Meredith are sitting by my feet singing "Waves of Mercy" (the na-na-na-na part) and doing the hand motions - very cute!!!
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
That's one goofy family!
On a side note Mikalah went through the torture of getting braces on Monday. Well, it wasn't really torture, but I'm now signing her up for theatre camp ASAP!!! She also wanted to share a picture of her guinea pig, Chocolate (Daddy thinks he should have been named "Bacon") so her friends could see.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
"The one in the living room or the dining room?"
"I just don't understand!"
Or it just ends up in the kitchen counter or in the bathroom.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Here are my facts:
- I love to do laundry! I know sick, but it is fun...especially stain removal - so satisfying!
- I hate mopping the floor. I saw something about the Gosselin Family that mom mops the floor three times a day - and she has eight kids!!!
- I love to cook and decorate and entertain for special events.
- I miss good Mexican food soooooooooo much!!!!
- I've always wished I could be a runner. I've tried several times, but these legs seem to be made to just walk.
- I am very nervous that my daughter is getting closer and closer to "becoming a woman"!
- I hate lake water - too many years spent in East Texas (lakes you can't even see your toes in ankle deep water!)
- Some day I want to own a vehicle that only seats two!!!!
Now, I'm supposed to tag eight more people, but I don't really know that many to tag and the ones that I do know have either already been tagged or have done this meme before. So if you'd like to share your eight facts, just leave a comment and a link!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Friday, July 6, 2007
Thursday, July 5, 2007
- I was born in Paterson, NJ.
- To a teenage mom.
- Then adopted on July 1st - Gotcha Day!
- My parents thought Jennifer was an unusual name.
- I asked Jesus to live in my heart when I was four.
- Kneeling at the "throne" in the bathroom.
- I was an only child for 13 years.
- I prayed for a brother or a sister every night from the time I was four.
- My parents adopted 7 children in the next three years (from Korea & Costa Rica).
- I have lived in Virginia, Florida, Nebraska, Texas, Washington, Indiana, and now Montana.
- I said I'd never live in Montana.
- I went to a private Christian School for grade school.
- I skipped the third grade.
- I tried out for the cheerleading team in sixth grade.
- I didn't make it.
- I was home-schooled for junior high.
- I remember when the Space Shuttle blew up on lift off.
- I was watching Dallas instead of doing my school work.
- At junior high camp, the boy I liked said he'd pay me to eat a fly if he caught one.
- He caught one.
- I ate it.
- He never paid me $5.
- I ate another one the next week when someone didn't believe that I had the week before.
- I took two years to finish 9th grade, because my brother and sister spent a lot of time in the hospital.
- I went to public school for high school.
- I gave a speech at my high school graduation.
- That was my first official speaking engagement.
- I was extremely scared!!!
- We moved to Texas on my 18th birthday.
- Three months later I went to LeTourneau University in Longview, TX.
- I majored in Electrical Engineering.
- I chose LeTourneau because their male to female ratio was 10:1.
- LeTourneau was an old Army hospital.
- The woman's dorm was rumored to be the psych ward.
- It was also rumored it had a burn time of 7 min.
- We weren't allowed to burn candles or leave anything plugged in.
- Mike and I met our first day of college.
- He dated my roommate (hi Trish!) for six months.
- I said I'd never date him.
- He grew on me!
- We married the summer after our Sophomore year.
- We were married in Roundup, MT (yes it is a real place) on August 6, 1994.
- We had a horse drawn carriage take us down Main Street from Mike's parents church to the Catholic Church for the reception.
- The Catholic Church had air conditioning.
- The church we got married in did not!
- I was sweating in places I did not know you could sweat!
- We honeymooned in Canada.
- I saw my first mountain goat.
- I didn't get my drivers license until 1 week before my 21st birthday.
- They still stamped "UNDER 21" in big red letters on it!
*****For some reason even though I can compose with numbers and preview shows up number, when I actually post it comes up dots - not numbers. Sorry!!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Now this is the part I love! "Violation of a City Ordinance or failure to comply with written notice of correction constitutes a misdemeanor." A MISDEMEANOR!!!!! for a gravel pile that is on the edge of the street and not protruding beyond the parked car that sits next to it??!!??!!
Oh, but it gets better..."Any person who fails to comply with the requirements of the City Ordinance 'shall upon conviction thereof be fined not more than $500 or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both, and in addition shall pay all costs and expenses involved'." WOW! I certainly don't want to pay $500 because of stupid gravel!!! But now imprisonment...let's think about this one for a minute...no whining children?...no laundry?...no cooking?...no cleaning?...just sitting in a cell? what, you say there is not privacy? what is privacy? This a word that I do not comprehend. Do explain. I only have one choice of clothing - no decisions? I do hear orange is the hot color this summer.
oh, but there is more..." 'Each day such violation continues shall be considered a separate offense'." So if I don't have said gravel removed by the 8th of July, and still don't by the 12th of July I could be charged with 5 counts of a misdemeanor? for gravel?
Okay, now really it's not gravel. It's pretty river rock for my garden beds. It's not ugly. It has some beautiful green growth beginning because of the seeds that have planted themselves at the edge. The kids all love to play king of the mountain, so technically it's playground equipment. And did my neighbor who hasn't mowed his lawn in say, four weeks and now has thigh high growth receive a similar notice? or is his yard a natural habitat? I do have orange cones out surrounding this beautiful pile of river rock just in case some speeding driver happens to miss it when swerving with in two feet of the curb.
In light of the seriousness of this situation, I have been working for the past three days to rid ourselves of the "gravel pile". While it really doesn't seem that we've made much of a dent, there is a noticeable difference. I guess imprisonment probably wouldn't be as glamourous as it sounds and really I don't have an extra $500 laying around - I just purchased 17 tons of river rock for my garden beds.
The most humourous part of all of this...the letter was addressed to Mike's parents - because they own the house - we are just renting.