Saturday, March 31, 2007
Friday, March 30, 2007
- The fact that my doctor was having her day off.
- I was in the same room that my friend Carrie Story had delivered her son in just two weeks earlier.
- Shannon has very petite hands, but a huge amount of love comes from them!!!
- Chris crying as Jeffrey was born.
- Then Shannon crying.
- Then me crying, 'cuz who can let her friends cry alone!
- Calling my grandparents to let them know that Jeffrey Andrew Guilliard Iverson had been born (named after Grampy Guilliard Thompson!).
- Being thankful that Meredith was a girl, because I didn't know if I could handle four boys in a row! (I know that sounds so aweful, but it was what I was thinking
- Strongly disliking the fact that they took my blood pressure every half hour!
- Despite the fact that the bed is not comfortable, being a little sad that I had to go home.
Looking back at that makes me realize that giving birth makes your mind and emotions really wacko sometimes. Over the last two years of Jeffrey's life, I've learned several things.
- People thought four kids was a lot, five is just crazy.
- He was not our last, so now Six is just crazy! (we are really done now!!!)
- People will be rude enough to ask if you know what causes babies to be born!
- Five children in four car seats do not fit in a mini-van
- Jeffrey Andrew Guilliard Iverson does not roll off the tongue when trying to scold said child.
- It is possible for a child to "scoot" on his belly faster than I can catch him.
- Even if I vac every day, he will find dust bunnies somewhere!
- When found, he will eat dust bunnies.
- Even an 10 month old can find the off switch on the computer, thus destroying the work I had done for the past three hours, because I didn't hit "save".
- Now at two and 32 lbs. (he's lost four over the last six months) he is too big to carry anywhere.
He is a precious boy, so I'll keep him and share a little bit of him with you!
Jeffrey @ 6 months
(probably more like 7 or 8, but suppose to be 6 month picture)
Jeffrey loves Bob (the tomato), but he also calls Larry, "Bob".
MMMMM...Coscto chocolate cake with strawberry filling!
I need that cake faster, mom!
It was such a long day that he fell asleep at dinner.
It's been a long time since that has happened!
Monday, March 19, 2007
PS: Mike wants me to make sure and tell you he is the grill master! (Especially since last week I grilled and left the grill on all night and we ran out of propane.)
Friday, March 16, 2007
10. Yellowstone Church launched last Sunday with 90 people in attendance! Yeah God!
9. Those people need to be followed up with.
8. Jarret & Meredith started swimming lessons.
7. Judson & Mikalah started swimming lessons.
6. Jeffrey started a Mommy & Me swim lesson.
5. Jeffrey started speech therapy. (side note: he said "hippo" today!!!)
4. Morgan started crawling which means she doesn't stay where I put her.
3. When she crawls she finds all the dust bunnies and starts to eat them (yuk!)
2. I am starting to trade fall/winter clothes for spring/summer clothes for the whole family.
1. I'M A MOTHER TO SIX KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, March 9, 2007
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Billings Gazette Article.
Kind of scary how accurate it is. I AM NOT A NEAT FREAK!!!!! Okay, maybe a little.
|You Are Bert|
You are usually feeling: Logical - you rarely let your emotions rule you
You are famous for: Being smart, a total neat freak, and maybe just a little evil
How you live your life: With passion, even if your odd passions (like bottle caps and pigeons) are baffling to others
I'd love to hear who everyone else is!
In case this doesn't time stamp, it is 1am my time. I am doing a load of laundry, checking email, and then am going to work on my scripture memorization. I was asleep, sort of. I was in that I-think-I'm-asleep state, but very conscience of everything going on (husband's breathing, dog rolling over, baby whimpering) that it's not very peaceful. My "dreams" are all the things I have to accomplish tomorrow. If you were to look at me, you'd probably assume I was sleeping (helpful when trying to escape small children in the middle of the afternoon), but really I'd know you were in the room and if I was particularly alert, I'd probably be able to tell what you were wearing even though my eyes were closed (extra-talented!).
Daughter #2 woke me up about 12:30am, having wet the bed. We are attempting to get rid of the pull-up this week. I give it a week of trying and then we go back to pull-ups to try again later. This is only day two and the laundry is piling up. After getting her cleaned up and sheets changed (not fun on a full size bed with the lights out and a baby sleeping three feet away), I was too awake to lay in bed going crazy.
I know I will pay for it tomorrow - very busy day, but I just can't sleep. I loved the ice cream, but I think it will have to be a splurge for once in a while and only before 3pm!