Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda

Those three words are used too much in the vocabulary of my mind. I could've cleaned the kitchen instead of..., I should've called..., I would've written that in the checkbook..., and I've used all three when it come to blogging. How can I blog almost every day in November and then disappear in January? I have no answer for that. So what have we been doing for the last month? Making lists. Lists of things to do for the year. Lists of things I want to accomplish with my kids. Lists of things I want my kids to do for me :-). Lists of things to do at church, bible study, MOPS, school, and home. So, no more lists, just some random thoughts.

Right now, aside from blogging, I am watching Miss America 2009 (dvr'd) with Mikalah who is home today with the beginning of the stomach flu. She will be family member #4 to come down with it. I had it the last two days and It was awful! I don't remember ever feeling quite that bad. However, looking at the bright side, it is not an illness that requires a drs. visit or a prescription, and I lost 5 lbs.

As I sit here, I start thinking of how much I really should be dusting my house, and mopping the floors. But I really dislike mopping the floors. I might however warm me up to be working instead of sitting. It has been sooo cold here lately. I am just done with the cold. My mother-in-law put a sign up in our dining room before Christmas that said, "Let it snow!" It was a project that she did with the kids and they thought it was tons of fun! However, I'm now done with snow! So this past week, I changed it to say, "Let it sun!" Thankfully, it is sunny outside, but it is also only 10 degrees! Maybe if I did my Spring cleaning now it would encourage Spring to come.

With all of my list making I have come to one conclusion. It will take me years to accomplish everything I have on my list. And yet, every day I have that hope that I can accomplish it that day!

Interrupt...do I sound old when I say I wish Miss America required one-piece bathing suits? And is it bad that I still think of Mario Lopez as Slater?

One of my goals this year was to use the treadmill that I begged for. I have walked on it 3 times a week for the last month. It is my mini-getaway. I watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 and walk away the conversation hearts that I ate the day before! That woman is amazing! A little OCD, but sometimes I wish I had a bit more of that. Don't get me wrong, I have things that I am very OCD about, but I wish I was more so about...my kitchen and my bathrooms. I like them clean, I just don't like getting them there! And then there is the paperwork. I really try to take care of each thing as it enters the house, but somehow it multiplies. And I picked up many good things from my mother, but I also picked up something not so good. When someone is coming over, I pile all of the papers off the kitchen counter into a bag and put them into my bedroom to take care of later...does later ever come?

Okay, I am soooo distracted with the goofy talent part of the Miss America Competition, that I will just say, that I am alive and I am planning on blogging more often than once every four weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know- I check your blog every day- what does that say about me- OCD- I have done it every day for 4 weeks only to see the same thing!

Heasleye said...

Yay! So glad to "see" you! :) Sorry to hear about the sickies.

So, you're saying it's a bad idea to load up all the paper and mail that hasn't been sorted and store it in a bag or box in the closet? Huh. I guess I need to rethink some stuff. I've been doing that for years! :)

I found a new site last week that you may enjoy:
http://simplemom.net/

She has some organizing info that I liked. :)

Take care and I hope to see more from you in blog land!

terri said...

When I heard that Mario was the host, I think my exact words were, "Why is Slater the host??" HA!! He'll always be Slater.
10 degress, huh? Yikes. You should come visit here. It was sunny and 67 today. :)