I've had great ideas, but never actually typed them out.
I have some good pictures, but haven't posted them.
Why? Because I want the post to be perfect. Okay, maybe at least good.
Witty - fun - maybe even profound.
Instead of just doing it, I wait until I have a chunk of time to sit and post - not gonna happen.
So instead here is a catch up list for the past three weeks...
- MOPS convention was great - thanks for your prayers for my speaking. It went nothing like I planned - most of the 150+ ladies were not MOPS@ leaders, but really just wanted to know what MOPS@ was all about. It was a lot of thinkng on my feet and answering questions. Through it all, the Lord kept me calm and gave me word to say. I think I sounded smarter than I am - thank you Lord!
- Coming home meant a lot of laundry and finding things in my house. My kids were alive and the house was not burned down - so we started from there!
- Snow hit us last weekend - 18+ inches. I was so not made for winter weather. The kids had fun - I'm still trying to swap out summer & winter clothes - and now it is 76 degrees outside. No more snow, but lots of tree limbs down. We actually lost our power twice for several hours last weekend. It was funny to watch the kids try and move in all that snow. Morgan looked more like she was swimming! She would end up asking Mikalah to pick her up and set her down where she wanted to be.
- The kids have been on some sort of break from school this week. Not Fall break, just teacher training, but they have been home for the last three days. I love my children and we have had fun, but it is time for them to go back to school!
- Thursday, Jill took our family out to try and get a picture for our Christmas card this year. And the fact that our family picture above the fireplace only has five children in it. It was 40 degrees out and we were cold, but I think we managed to get some great pictures. These are not the great pictures - I just had to clarify that. I promise you will see the good ones...maybe when you get our Christmas card. But this is to give you an idea how difficult it is to get a good picture of our family. Especially when the Daddy is so goofy and his boys are just like him...oh wait...maybe the girls too.
- I have a three year old and a two year old.
That should explain everything - now hopefully I will set aside my perfectionism and just document what is going on in our life. It may not be pretty, but it is our life.