Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lost in Translation

Jeffrey asked me if he had to sleep with covers on for his "rest" time. Really, I don't know how we could call it rest time, because he doesn't rest. In fact he comes out every few minutes to stretch and say he slept, or because he has to go to the bathroom, or he forgot a toy, etc. It isn't rest time for me either.

Anyway, I said he didn't have to have covers on...whatever you want, kid, just stay in your room and let mommy have a few moments of peace.


This is what I found when I went to check on him...

...no covers. But how can you be upset when he is sitting quietly looking at his brother's bible...that he was touching without permission...and had removed the bookmark from where Jarrett had been reading.

What do you say? "Put down the Bible and make your bed?"

"But Mommy, you said I didn't have to have covers. And I like it this way."

Every day, people...this is what I deal with EVERY DAY!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the fun are boys would have together!! Sure miss you all
Carrie S

terri said...

I feel your pain.

Unknown said...

HA!!! You're funny!!!