Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Good Intentions

I just came across a piece of paper where I had written a note to remind me of a good story to tell on my blog. That is often the case...something happens and I think how it would make a great blog post...then life happens...and I never share. Well in the mass cleaning of 2008, I found this piece of paper and decided to stop, right there, and share. Maybe it's just an excuse to stop cleaning!

Before Mikalah started going to the junior high for math, we went to the open house for a tour. We met up with one of her friends and went to view the unknown! Eighth grade student council members were giving tours and showing the newbies the way around the school. These are the cream of the crop students!

We saw the library, the lunch room, the gym, and the band room. Each of the wings of the school were described by their subjects (three math rooms, three history rooms - all depending on what teacher you were assigned). Our tour guide was very careful to point out all of the bathrooms, both the girls and the boys and add that it was very important to double check before you went in. I wondered if she had a bad experience.

As we made our way through one of the hallways, she pointed out the elevator...for the decapitated kids...or if you are on crutches or in a wheelchair. Whoa...the decapitated kids? yup, that's what she said.

Mikalah's friend's mother and I chuckled...no laughed through the rest of the tour. We also gently corrected her so her next tour wouldn't be mis-informed. Hard to get knowledge in the brains of those decapitated kids!

UPDATE: apparently I did blog about it, but I didn't tell the full story, so now I have done the hilarity justice!

No comments: