Monday, March 19, 2007

Melt your heart

I was going to give you an update on Yellowstone Church, but I stayed home today with Jeffrey who was running a fever of 104.6 for most of the day. This has been going on since Sat at 3 am. This afternoon though, we think he may have had an allergic reaction to the Motrin I had been giving him every six hours. Now we are back to the Tylenol which unfortunately only last 3 1/2 hours. It also only drops his temp to 102. His breathing in very shallow and there is just something about a two year old (especially the one that brings me to my knees often) that just wants to sit on your lap and fall asleep - or at least try to. Right now he is kind of asleep on my lap while I type, but every so often, he jumps (and I back space), readjusts, and settles back down. His cheeks are bright red and despite the fact that I am wearing a tank top, I am not cold. He is quite the little heater. While it is 1:40am and I would like to crawl into bed at some time this evening, I really am cherishing this sweet time to just hold him still and pray for him. For his health, but also for his future - the kind that goes beyond the temper-tantrums and poopy diapers.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

I hope he is better. I feel sorry for the little guy and his mama! Allergic to Motrin! That's terrible! I depend on that stuff and can't imagine life without it when the need arises.

Ivymamma said...

Now it turns out that he is not allergic to Motrin (PTL!!!), but just has a virus that causes hives. The Dr. today put him on a low dose of prednisone for five days to try and kick the gunk out!!

Deanne said...

Praise the Lord indeed!!! Whew, that must be a relief for both the reason for the fever/hives as well as non allergic thing! I hope your little guy feels better very soon.

Trish D said...

So glad you got it figured out - our son used to end up with some variety of hives every time he got a virus. Very scary when you're a first time mommy! There is a part of me that savors those extra cuddly time, though.

Unknown said...

I was sure I left a comment on this, but I'm glad to know he's not allergic to ibuprofin. Such a sweetie. You're such a good mommy.