Monday, August 27, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

That's right it's football time. Depth charts, statistics, and game plan. I know some of you are saying, "great, I lose my husband every Sunday until Jan." But ladies, there's more. Monday night, Thursday night, and the occasional odd holiday. No more. I refuse to be alone. I'm joining! You heard me right. I'm joining in. Just like in college when I learned how to play golf (sort of) so I wouldn't be a golf widow, I'm playing FANTASY FOOTBALL!! I'm learning about wide receivers and running backs and which defense allows more points - fantasy points. My husband? He thinks this is HOT. His woman interested in football, playing with him, and liking (sort of) the things that he likes. And you know what? It's kind of fun. I like surprising people, so when there is a conversation swirling about, I can add, "TJ Houshmandzadeh looks like he's got good match-ups this year and should be really good in the red zone!" Leaves 'em speechless every time! And makes my husband proud. He usually leaves the conversation for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to talk Nicole in doing this.

What service are you using?

-tpy

Ivymamma said...

We use nfl.com - it's free. We do have a church league, and there might be room for two more - I'll ask Mike!

Trish D said...

Ooh, you're a goooooooood wife ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Impressive.
My husband went to a "signing" party a couple of nights ago to pick his team. He's played in a league with the same guys for several years and is all about the fantasy sports. :) You're a good woman to participate.