Saturday, October 6, 2007

Too Big Too Fast!

Today I took four 11 year old girls out to celebrate Mikalah's birthday. We went to a paint-your-own-pottery place for two hours and then to Fudruckers. (I hadn't been there in so long - it was good). However, three hours with those girls is about my max!

Don't get me wrong, they are good kids, but they talk...a lot...about nothing! And they are hyper! It's kind of like herding cats. I think having this attitude proves that I'm getting old. I'm not sure that I'm ready for the teen years. But that's okay, because God is!
Mikalah is the dramatic one on the top right! Drama queen...Lord, give me strength!

4 comments:

E Jill Riley said...

Yup. You ARE getting old. I was thinking about telling you that. I think it is funny they are all dressed almost identical. Conformity has begun. Lord help us ALL.

We played "LIFE" tonight. Funny how all the children the Riley's acquired were named Morgan, Merideth, Jeffrey etc. Perhaps we spent too much time together todaty?

Anonymous said...

Well that sounds like a great outing. You can't go wrong with pottery and Fuddruckers!
I have a drama queen, too. Possibly more than one. They do make life interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

herding cats...that's funny!

Unknown said...

Looks like they had a great time! Miss you.