Friday, March 28, 2008

Intervention

That's what I need.

I love Lemon Bars. Almost as much as I love Creme Brulee. But I really love Lemon Bars.


I've only made them a few times. Each time I labored over making my own lemon curd, carefully separating eggs and cooking it to the right consistency on the stove top. It was a lot of work.


Last Thursday, I had a hankerin' for some Lemon Bars (you must always capitalize this to show reverence to the specialness that is Lemon Bars), but really I did not have the time or patience to make Lemon Bars.


My friend, Pam, (who should have a blog because she would share such amazing things: food, crafts, photography, etc, but doesn't...) told me I should make her recipe. (Since it is after midnight I will ask her tomorrow if I can share her recipe with you.)


And then she shared a little piece of heaven with me...Lemon Bars.


They were so easy. MY work was done in less than 20 min. Then I just sat back and waited for them to cook and cool. That was the most agonizing part. And they were delicious!


Our Bible study group was small, so my family was thrilled when I brought the "extras" home. They were so good that they were gone by the time I went to bed on Thursday night.


I decided they were so good I should make them for Easter Sunday. So I mixed and baked and cooled and cut, and then declared, "They are good!"


And then this evening we held "Party @ the Pastor's". This is an opportunity for people from church to come to our house and get to know Mike and I little better in a setting outside of Sunday morning church. We open our door and serve dessert.


That's right...Lemon Bars.


Folks that is three pans of Lemon Bars in eight days. Three 9x13 pans of Lemon Bars.


And let me be completely honest when I say I'm pretty sure that I have eaten at least 1/3 of the pan each time.


It is now time to let the Lemon Bars rest for a while.


And join Weight Watchers!

8 comments:

Deedee said...

Oh Girl! I have a Lemon Curd Cake recipe that you would simply die for!! Then again maybe I shouldn't share it with you.........

E Jill Riley said...

Bring them to my house and remove that temptation from your sight. I'm just trying to help!

Deanne said...

OoOoOoOoOo.....Lemon Bars! Those are like a taste of Spring and a promise of Summer. Lemon Bars are awesome! Maybe it's a good thing we don't live close enough to attend your church....I may have eaten too many of the lemoney-goodness bars! :)

Heasleye said...

Oh Yum. I LOVE Lemon Bars! I have a variation recipe that adds coconut into the crust. Have you ever had Martha Stewart's Lemon Meringue Cake? It's quite the process to make, but it's lemon cake, filled with layers of lemon curd, completley covered with meringue. It's A.MAZ.ING. to eat and to look at!

What did you say about Weight Watchers? :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I almost feel guilty just reading about so much lemony yumminess!

Unknown said...

Not sure if I should ask for the recipe out of protection for my figure! Just teasing, I'm pregnant, what figure? Do share if you have time!

Shay said...

I capitalize Magic Cookie Bars for the same reason. I do like a good lemon bar too though, yum! :)

Liz said...

Did you ever get your friend's permission to post the recipe? I'd love to have it!!

Oh, and by the way, I found a link to your blog on another friend's blog (Terri Cassels') & have enjoyed reading!