Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Babies are Grown Up

Today I as a mommy took a significant step in recognizing that my babies are not babies anymore.

I cleaned out a drawer in the kitchen that has some odds-n-ends in it. It included four pacifiers.

I threw them away.

I do not currently have a child that takes a pacifier. In fact the youngest two never would take one. That makes the "baby" that took a pacifier 5 1/2 years old. And she only took one until she was a year.

I almost cried when I threw them away. I thought maybe I should put them in a baby book. The baby book that has yet to be completed. I kept Mikalah's, but she was my first.

Nope, into the trash they went. And thankfully Mike took the trash to the alley. Otherwise....

1 comment:

Heasleye said...

That IS significant. Six kiddos and no more in the infant/baby stage. Hugs and congrats sent your way!