Thursday, January 27, 2011

Red Sky in Morning...

I remember my grandfather and my mother quoting an old sailors rhyme:

"Red sky at night, sailors delight; red sky at morning, sailors take warning."

So, what happens if it is red in the morning and at night?
Anyway, yesterday I was reading in Matthew as part of my read through the New Testament in a year. I'm a little concerned that I am still in Matthew and we are at the end of January, but this plan says we will finish Revelation by December 31st!

Matthew 16:1-3 NLT
"One day the Pharisees and Sadducees came to test Jesus, demanding that he show them a miraculous sign from heaven to prove his authority. He replied, 'You know the saying, "Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow, red sky in the morning means foul weather all day." You know how to interpret the weather signs in the sky, but you don't know how to interpret the signs of the times!'


How cool is Jesus! And how old is that saying!!!!




It also makes me think twice about how I am interpreting the signs around me.
When I feel so lonely...am I missing all the people God has put in my life?
When I feel like a failure...am I calling God a liar?
When I feel insignificant...have I forgotten the beautiful children God has blessed me with?




Thank you, Lord!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said!

Athena said...

<3 You!

And girl, you get up wayyyy tooooo early. I may have to sleep til 9 just for your sake tomorrow :)